Frequently Asked Questions

Do you allow pets, and how many?

Yes, Fort Novosel is a pet-friendly installation. There is a $200 refundable pet deposit per pet and a 2 pet limit per household. Exotic pets such as monkeys, snakes, etc. are not permitted. In addition, dogs belonging to dangerous breeds to include full or mixed breed Pit Bulls, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers, English Staffordshire Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Chows, Doberman Pinschers and wolf hybrids are prohibited from Fort Rucker family housing areas. Please review the Corvias Pet Policy if you have additional questions. The Leasing Center can provide you with a copy of this policy.  

Do the homes come equip with fencing?

​Not all homes come equipped with a fence. For more information, please contact your Community Office. 

Will we be responsible for utility costs?

The Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and the Department of the Army's (DA) Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) with Congressional support has required DA to work with Corvias and other privatized family housing partners to develop procedures that provide incentives for Soldiers and their Families living on post to be responsible for their energy consumption. Through the Live Army Green program, Soldiers and their Families gain a better understanding of the OSD and DA's utility policy through education about utility consumption at Army installations as well as conservation education in the form of energy-saving tips, programs and events. The essence of Live Army Green is simple -- your Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) will continue to cover your electricity and natural gas costs up to a certain baseline amount established each month for your home type. The amount your utility usage falls above or below the monthly baseline will determine whether you:  a) receive money back as a rebate; b) must supplement your energy costs; or c) do nothing.

What amenities are included with the home?

​Fort Novosel Homes are fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and Garbage disposal. the Homes also feature full size washer/dryer hookups. Corvias also offers free lawn care, maintenance, quarterly pest control and weekly trash and recycling collection.

Are homes furnished?

No, the houses are not furnished.

How do I request home modifications or accessibility features to accommodate a family member with a medical condition?

​All home accessibility or modification inquiries should be directed to the Leasing Office. Once you have completed the application, we will work with you on an individual basis to meet your needs. 

What do you do for families who have special needs?

If you or a family member has special needs or need additional accommodations, please contact the Leasing Office. Each family's needs will be considered individually. 

Does Corvias take care of home maintenance?

​Yes. Corvias provides 24-hour-a-day, seven day-a-week maintenance on all homes. We are dedicated to providing great customer service to you and your family. When you submit a service request, one of our professional maintenance technicians will respond, including for emergencies that occur after hours. We have an established track record for exceeding military family's expectations.

Is there a self-help store?

​No, Novosel does not have a self-help store. However, we want to take care of all of your maintenance needs for you. Corvias is dedicated to providing great customer service to you and your family and provides 24-hour, seven-day-a-week emergency maintenance on all homes. All you have to do is submit a service request and one of our professional maintenance technicians will respond, including emergencies that occur after hours. We have an established track record for meeting and exceeding the expectations of military families.

Is pest control provided?

​Yes, pest control is included. Please contact your Community Office to schedule an appointment. 

Does Corvias provide lawn care?

​Yes. All lawn care and landscaping will be provided for homes and common areas. We also have a 'no mow' program for individuals who want to maintain their yards themselves. Please contact the management team at your Community Office there for more information.

Is trash service included for military members?

​Yes. Trash service is included in the rent.

Will Corvias meter all utilities?

​The utilities that will be metered include electric and gas. Water and sewer utilities will not be metered. New and renovated homes will have meters installed during construction or renovation.

I currently provide, or would like to provide, child care in my home. Who do I contact?

​Yes. You may contact your Community Office for the necessary forms.

Am I allowed to have friends or relatives live in my home?

​Guests are permitted to visit and stay in the home for up to 30 consecutive days in a 12-month period. Guests residing in the home more than 30 days must be approved and registered as a Bona Fide Guest by the Community Manager. Only the authorized occupants of the home as stated on the Residential Occupancy Agreement are permitted to live in the home, with the exception of approved Bona Fide Guests of the home. 

Can I hang pictures or paint the rooms?

​Yes, we encourage you to make the house feel like your home. Residents are allowed to hang pictures and other wall hangings. Painting the walls is allowed with prior approval; however, you will be responsible to paint the walls with enough primer to cover the color prior to moving out of the home.

Are pools, swing sets, or trampolines allowed in the yard?

​Swing sets, other children's recreational equipment and trampolines are allowed in your backyard. Trampolines must be staked into the ground, have a safety net and residents must receive written permission from the Community Office prior to any equipment being installed. Any portable play equipment should be stored at the rear of the home when not in use.

Wading pools that are 12 inches or less in height and no more than 10 feet wide may be used in the back of the home. Pools should be dumped every evening and stored at the rear of the home. 

Are BBQ grills or fire pits allowed?

The use of resident owned fire pits is prohibited. Barbecue grills are allowed in residential areas. Barbecue grills should be monitored while in use, be at least 25 feet from any structure and may not be used under carports, patios or in enclosed areas. When not in use (and cooled) barbecue grills should be stored in an area not visible from the front of the home. 

Does Corvias provide air filters?

​Yes, replacement filters are available free of charge from your Community Office and should be changed monthly. If you prefer to have your filter changed for you, please call your Community Office to arrange for a maintenance technician to visit your home. 

Do I have reserved parking? Where can I store my boat?

Except where specifically designated, parking for residents on common roadways, parking areas or parking lots is not reserved. Parking in driveways, under carports or garages is specific to the residents/guests of the home. Recreational vehicles may be parked in garages as long as the garage door can be completely closed. Recreational vehicles such as campers, boats, trailers, etc. may not be permanently parked, left overnight, stored on the streets, stored outside of a garage or under a carport, in driveways, yards or parking lots in any housing area. 

Is there a recycling program?

​Yes. Corvias residents have the opportunity to recycle household items with a convenient, curbside recycling program. Please have Green can to the curb before 6am on Monday mornings.

How much will I pay to live on base?

​Under the privatization program, rent is equal to your BAH and BAH is based on rank. 

When can I apply for housing?

Service members may apply for housing as soon as they are notified of their housing assignment. Official orders are not required to apply and be placed on a housing list; however, official orders and other required documents must be submitted to us before you can accept a home.

What are the requirements for housing eligibility?

You are eligible for family housing at Fort Rucker if you are an active duty service member with a dependent and are assigned to an installation within 50 miles of Fort Rucker. On the date of occupancy, you must have a minimum of six months of active duty service remaining on your current orders which includes PCS moves for training. You must also be signed into the unit or installation in order to sign a Corvias  Resident Occupancy Agreement and take possession of a home. Single soldiers who are E6 and above or an officer are also eligible to live on-post. Single soldiers who wish to live alone will pay their without dependent BAH. Single soldiers who wish to have a roommate can do so.

How do I submit an online application?

You can apply for housing by going to our website  Once on the site you will be prompted to create a profile under the applicant screen. Through the applicant screen the service members information will need to be entered. Once the application is submitted it will come to the leasing office as a new applicant. A Leasing Consultant will reach out to confirm the application and wait list placement.

I am dual military. Are there any special instructions I should be aware of?

​For families where only one service member is stationed at Fort Riley and they do not have any other dependents or their dependents are stationed elsewhere, the service member at Fort Rucker may be eligible for housing as part of our single/unaccompanied program. Contact our Leasing Center for more information.

I have a dual military household and my spouse is stationed at another installation. Can I apply for housing?

Dual service members are eligible for on-base housing. The BAH will be taken for the senior ranking service member with the dependent rate. The remaining BAH is yours to keep.

Do military members have to pay a security deposit?

​No security deposit is required. 

Do I need to obtain renters insurance?

Please contact the Corvias Community Office for current information about Renter’s Insurance coverage and requirements.

I am a single service member with one child. Am I eligible for on-base housing?

Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members with legal dependents. The application, along with all other required documents, must be accompanied by a current court order (copy) indicating custody of the dependent(s) has been granted to the service member.

Once contacted, how long do I have to respond to make a move-in appointment?

​You will have 24 hours to make your decision. If you accept the home, you will be responsible for the prorated rent amount for the remainder of the current month and any pet fees and deposits that may apply.

If we are in a lease and retire prior to the end of the lease will we have to stay in housing?

​No. The lease allows for termination in the event of PCS orders, ETS or retirement. If you retire prior to the end of your lease, please contact a member your Community Office. 

What type of documentation is needed to apply?

​No special documentation is needed to apply however, before taking possession of a home we will need the following: PCS orders, copy of most recent Leave & Earnings Statement or DA5960 and DEERS form. You can find your DEERS on your AKO account under My Family, My DEERS.

Explain Rent Allotment

​The rent allotment will equal the your BAH entitlement for your rank for the period of time you reside in family housing. The allotment will reflect any BAH increases or decreases you incur.

How long will my application remain active once submitted?

​Incomplete applications can be accepted and held for a maximum of 30 days. Incomplete applications that have expired will be shredded for security. 

Will housing be available when I arrive?

​Once your application has been received and approved by our Leasing Center, you will be placed on the appropriate housing list. Submitting an application does not guarantee that a home will be available when you arrive. Housing availability is dependent on many factors including the number of families leaving and incoming to Fort Riley, the total inventory of homes that meet your rank band and bedroom needs as well as your personal preferences for a particular style of home or community. We recommend checking in with your Leasing Office thirty days prior to your arrival for an estimated wait time if you have not been assigned a home yet. 

How is rent determined and how will I pay it?

The amount of rent for a home is based on the Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) as established by Army guidelines. Your rent will be paid automatically on the first of each month through an allotment to housing which is established by signing the Resident Occupancy Agreement. Rent is collected in arrears, meaning it is paid on the 1st of the month for the previous months’ rent. For example, the allotment we receive on October 1st is applied to September’s rent. 

I am a single service member expecting a child, am I eligible for on-post housing?

​Yes, housing applications are accepted from single service members expecting a child. Please contact the office from information regarding documentation required, move-in eligibility, and BAH/rent rate information. 

What type of dependent documentation is needed to house my family?

​Army - DD 1172, Navy - Page 2, Air Force - Orders or DD1172, Marine Corp - DD1751, Coast Guard - CG4170

Why do I need to submit a DA31 Form?

​The DA31 Form (or its equivalent for non-Army branches of service) must be provided as confirmation that the incoming service member has completely cleared his/her last duty station. Clearing confirmation is required in order to sign a Corvias Occupancy Agreement and take possession of a home. This requirement is not applicable to service members who have been signed into Fort Bragg/Pope Air Field for more than 30 days. 

Can you tell me more about the lease agreement?

​Yes, each service member living in family housing is required to sign a lease. The lease is valid for 12 months and renews month-to-month unless PCS, ETS or retirement orders require earlier termination. A power of attorney must be provided by the spouse if a service member is not available to sign. The power of attorney must contain specific wording. Please contact the Community Office for details if the service member is not available to sign. It is accompanied by a Resident Responsibility Guide (RRG) that outlines policies, responsibilities and expectations when living on-base. 

When will I have to sign the lease agreement?

​Incoming families will sign the lease when a house is accepted.

I am a dual military household. Whose name will my housing lease be under?

​The lease will be placed in the name of the senior ranking service member. Both service members sign the lease.  

Can I designate someone to accept a home on my behalf or in my absence?

​Yes, someone can accept a home for you (approve the assignment, sign the lease, and accept the keys). The individual acting on your behalf must be named on a power of attorney which specifically details your designee's authority to manage the assignment and termination of housing for you, sign the lease document on your behalf, and start/stop your allotment for housing.

Who will pay for my family's move if I am an incoming service member?

​The move will be a government transportation move.

I've lived off base for a year now, and want to apply for on-base housing. Who will pay for my move?

​The government pays for one move when assigned to the installation. Any subsequent moves are the resident's responsibility.

Who will pay for my move if I am doing a voluntary on-base move?

​The service member will be responsible for the voluntary move.

What determines the list I am placed on?

​Your rank and the number of dependants will determine the size of your home, as well as the rank band of the home in which you will be placed.

For on-base housing purposes: The ranks E1 to E6 are considered to be Junior Non-Commission Officers (JNCO). The ranks E7 to E8 are considered to be Senior Non-Commission Officers (SNCO). The rank of E9 receives independent rank classification for housing. Officers, O1 to O3, and WO1 to CW2 are Company Grade Officers (CGO) CW3, O4 and O5's are Field Grade Officers (FGO). Officer ranks O6 are considered Senior Officers (SO) and ranks O7-O10 are considered General Officer (GO).

What type of documentation is needed to be placed on the waitlist?

​Copy of most recent Form DD1172 (DEERS Enrollment) if family members are not listed on PCS orders. Confirmation of clearing present duty station (AF Form 227), or other services' equivalent form) Copy of most current end of month LES Current Power of Attorney (if applicable, please contact the Community Office for details)

What will my wait time be?

​Your wait time is determined by the number of vacant homes. The wait time given is an estimation and is subject to change; however, every effort will be made to find adequate housing as quickly as possible. Please check with the Leasing Center for updates.

If I submit an online application, will housing be available when I arrive?

​Once your application and all supporting documentation has been received and approved by the Leasing Office, you will be placed on the appropriate waitlist. Wait times and availability are subject to change based on vacancy status. 

Is there a waitlist on newly constructed homes?

​At this time, Corvias does not have a waitlist specifically for newly constructed housing. Our newly constructed homes are used for relocation of families displaced by renovations on base. 

I am enrolled in the Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP). Will I have priority placement on the waitlist?

​EFMP status does not constitute priority placement on housing waitlists. If you or a family member has special needs or need additional accommodations, please contact the Leasing Office. 

How can I check my current position on the waitlist?

​Please contact the Leasing Office for updates.

What happens if I decline a home?

​We want to help you find a home that meets your needs. If availability allows, you will be given the opportunity to look at more than one home. If you decline a home, we will work to provide additional options based on availability. After a third declination, your position will be moved to the bottom of the waitlist.

Where do I stay while I wait for housing? Is there temporary housing?

​Temporary lodging is available through each base, and is contingent on space availability. Visit the moving resources page for more information on lodging. Corvias does not provide temporary housing for service members waiting to be placed in on-base housing.

May I request placement on more than one waitlist at one time?

You may occupy only one wait list at one time. 

If I get an off-post lease, can I stay on the list?

​Yes. You can inform our Leasing Center team of the date your lease expires. We will note the date in your file as your availability date. Pending availability of homes, we will contact you with a home offer within a month of your availability date. 

Once placed on the wait list, may I transfer to a different list?

​If you elect to change wait lists, the requests must be made within 30 days of initial placement on the wait list in order to maintain the original housing eligibility date. Requests to change wait lists after 30 days will result in an eligibility date change to the current date of application. 

Can I get priority placement on the housing list?

​Your initial position on the housing list is determined by the date you submit your application. Deployment or returning from a non-restricted overseas tour does not give you priority placement or affect your position on the housing list. 

Why does my position keep going up on the housing list?

​Fluctuation, up and down, of your housing list position is common. In fact, you may see your position change several times prior to your arrival. When your housing list position increases, it means a service member applied with an earlier eligibility date and was placed above you on the housing list. Applicants in the top ten percent of every list are locked into their position and their position will not increase even if someone with an earlier eligibility date applies. 

What happens if someone has the same eligibility date as me?

​If someone has the same eligibility date, date-of-rank will be the secondary factor regarding placement on the list. The earlier date-of-rank will be placed first. If the date of rank is the same, date of entry into service will be used.